Title: Assignment Editor
- Deadline-oriented people person to facilitate the coverage of news stories and the assignment of field crews
- Help to assign news stories to reporters and photographers on a daily basis to cover and advance local news for both broadcast and digital.
- Develop and maintain contacts with law enforcement and fire departments, local government and community organizations to stay updated on current events
- Assist with story research and investigation
- Coordinate coverage through network affiliates
- Listen to and understand scanner traffic
- Coordinate and book satellite windows
- Take in live and recorded feeds from crews in the field
- Monitor news tips and grow pool of contacts and sources
- Other duties as assigned by news management
- Strong news judgment
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly prioritize and make decisions, and good problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse staff
- Experience with Microsoft Windows including Outlook, iNews, as well as Social Media
- Must be available to work any shift required in a 24/7 newsroom including weekends and evenings
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field
- 1-3 years in a medium or large market
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Click here to apply online.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
It is the policy of CBS to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight.