On today’s pod, we (finally) talk potential Ben Simmons trades to the Minnesota Timberwolves. While any trade being consummated is inherently unlikely, we get into why the Simmons idea no longer feels like completely reckless speculation.
- How Gersson Rosas has talked about making moves for star players since he took over the front office — and why Simmons might check those boxes, and why he might not
- Rosas’ history of trading for players whose values have recently dipped — both D’Angelo Russell and Malik Beasley
- How Simmons’ everything other than shooting would be a great fit
- What it would take to match salaries in a potential trade
- What sort of draft capital I’ve been hearing it would take to acquire Simmons in a Wolves package
- Three different trade frameworks