By ADAM ZAGORIA
Minnesota junior guard Marcus Carr will withdraw from the NBA Draft and transfer, his mentor Vidal Massiah told ZAGSBLOG Wednesday.
Massiah said nothing has been decided in terms of where Carr will transfer. Jon Rothstein previously reported the news on Carr’s withdrawal from the Draft.
The 6-foot-2 Toronto native averaged 19.4 points, 4.9 assists and 4.0 rebounds for a Minnesota team that finished 14-15. He is considered the top available transfer still remaining.
Carr worked out for Charlotte and Minnesota in NBA workouts.
Under new NCAA rules adopted in 2019, college players can be represented by agents that the NCAA deems legitimate and still remain eligible for college if they enter the professional draft but decide to return to college.
Carr played his final two seasons at Montverde (FL) Academy under coach Kevin Boyle, who will have multiple players in this year’s draft, including projected No. 1 pick Cade Cunningham of Oklahoma State.
The post Minnesota guard Marcus Carr to withdraw from NBA Draft, transfer appeared first on Zagsblog.