PGA Tour (Units Noted Below) 3M Open Winner: Thursday-Sunday on Golf Channel and CBS
It’s that strangest of days of the year, with no major sports in action. There isn’t even WNBA, soccer, or tennis tonight (yeah, my hand is shaking a little too). But this gives me an opportunity to lay out my card for golf, which is a sport that never gets the spotlight here. And it’s the hometown tournament, no less, being played up at TPC Twin Cities.
Another birdie barrage is sure to unfold here on a course with wide fairways, not much tree trouble, rough that won’t scare these players, and big, receptive greens. So the stats I’m looking most into this week are strokes gained on approach, proximity to the hole from the fairway, and strokes gained putting. The below players have excellent numbers this season in at least one of those categories and should end up competing for this title.
· (0.2 Unit) Tony Finau +1200
· (0.3 Unit) Hideki Matsuyama +1600
· (0.15 Unit) Martin Laird +3500
· (0.15 Unit) Adam Long +3500
· (0.1 Unit) Brendon Todd +4000
· (0.1 Unit) Troy Merritt +6500
· (0.15 Unit) Austin Smotherman +7000
· (0.15 Unit) Beau Hossler +8000
· (0.01 Unit) Ryan Moore +15000
· (0.01 Unit) Vaughn Taylor +20000
· (0.01 Unit) Brian Gay +50000
Other players I’m taking a shot on due to history, current form, and other factors:
· (0.3 Unit) Maverick McNealy +2200
· (0.3 Unit) Cam Davis +2500
· (0.15 Unit) Sahith Theegala +2500
· (0.15 Unit) Davis Riley +2500
· (0.1 Unit) Adam Svensson +3900
· (0.01 Unit) Cameron Champ +5000
· (0.01 Unit) Callum Tarren +9000
· (0.01 Unit) Garrick Higgo +10000
· (0.01 Unit) Doc Redman +20000
No degenerates today.
Tiny Nick is 811-678 ATS (+77.9 Units) on his Locks since joining Zone Coverage.
Every day he will offer his Locks and Degenerate picks. Locks are the games he’s confident in. Degenerates are entertaining but riskier picks.