MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Twins catcher Mitch Garver underwent surgery Tuesday night after leaving the game against the Baltimore Orioles with a groin contusion.
On Instagram, Garver told his followers that the surgery was successful, adding that he stayed the night at the hospital and was recovering.
Garver suffered the injury during a first-inning foul tip. The Twins went on to lose the game 7-4.
Twins Manager Rocco Baldelli said it will probably be a while until Garver is catching again.
More On WCCO.com:
- Minneapolis Minimum Wage To Increase On July 1
- Pandemic-Driven ‘Wishcycling’ Is Causing Big Problems At Recycling Centers
- 4 Wolves Escape Minnesota Wildlife Center After Pup Taken From Pack
- PETA Petitions Ham Lake Mayor To Change City’s Name To Yam Lake
- Minneapolis And St. Paul Ending COVID Mask Mandates