Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
No Vikings? No problem!
As we know, the Minnesota Vikings have already played their Week 8 contest, as they defeated the Washington Redskins on Thursday Night Football by a final score of 19-9. However, there’s a whole lot more action for the National Football League to offer for this week, and you know what that means.
That’s right, folks. . .for the first time this year we have a complete, total, and full-on RED ZONE SUNDAY where we can just relax and let all of the action come to us. If you’ve got access to the Red Zone Channel, frankly you’ve got everything you need for a full day of NFL action.
If you don’t have the Red Zone Channel. . .that’s a damn shame. But, we’re here to help, as we’re going to run down the games from coast to coast and border to border for the remainder of the Week 8 schedule. If you’re hoping to see the Dallas Cowboys or the Baltimore Ravens. . .well, too bad, because they’re off this week.
CBS has the double header this week, while the FOX channels are only going to be airing one game. Courtesy of the folks from 506 Sports, here are the games that are being shown everywhere on both channels.
Early Games on CBS
- Red – Denver Broncos at Indianapolis Colts – Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts – DirecTV Channel 705
- Yellow – New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars – Spero Dedes/Adam Archuleta – DirecTV Channel 706
- Blue – Cincinnati Bengals vs Los Angeles Rams (from London) – Greg Gumbel/Trent Green – DirecTV Channel 707
- Green – Arizona Cardinals at New Orleans Saints – Kevin Harlan/Rich Gannon – DirecTV Channel 708
Late Games on CBS
- Blue – Oakland Raiders at Houston Texans – Andrew Catalon/James Lofton – DirecTV Channel 715
- Red – Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots – Jim Nantz/Tony Romo – DirecTV Channel 716
Games on FOX (Early games unless specified)
- Orange – Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons – Sam Rosen/Ronde Barber – DirecTV Channel 709
- Red – Philadelphia Eagles at Buffalo Bills – Chris Myers/Daryl Johnston – DirecTV Channel 710
- Green – Los Angeles Chargers at Chicago Bears – Thom Brennaman/Chris Spielman – DirecTV Channel 711
- Yellow – New York Giants at Detroit Lions – Kenny Albert/Charles Davis – DirecTV Channel 712
- Light Blue – Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Tennessee Titans – Kevin Kugler/Matt Millen – DirecTV Channel 713
- Dark Blue – Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers (LATE) – Dick Stockton/Mark Schlereth – DirecTV Channel 714
Your Sunday Night Football contest on NBC will feature the Kansas City Chiefs hosting the Green Bay Packers, while the Monday Night Football game on ESPN will have the Pittsburgh Steelers taking on the Miami Dolphins.
That’s your Week 8 slate of NFL action, folks! If you want to talk about any of today’s action with your fellow Minnesota Vikings fans, we’re less than half an hour away from kickoff, meaning that we are officially open for business!