Another week starts with two games tonight in the NHL, including the league-leading Buffalo Sabres in action once again. Those 9-2-1 Sabres will try to solve the Arizona Coyotes and their sparkling 2.20 goals against average, while the Florida Panthers travel to face the Vancouver Canucks. As teams prepare for tonight and all the week’s action, we’ll be right here keeping track of the minor moves.
- Brian Gibbons has been recalled from the minor leagues once again, returning to the Carolina Hurricanes after just one day. Gibbons has been flipped back and forth several times this month, serving as a depth option for the Hurricanes as they continue to chase a Metropolitan Division playoff spot.
- The Ottawa Senators have returned J.C. Beaudin and Filip Chlapik to the AHL, after both helped the team take down the San Jose Sharks last night. The Senators don’t play a single game this week, meaning the pair of young forwards can be sent down to get in some more action with the AHL club and bank cap space (and salary) for the team.
- After six games in the NHL, Gerald Mayhew is on his way back to the minors. The 26-year old forward finally fought his way to the highest level and even scored twice during his short stint, but with players coming back from injury for the Minnesota Wild he’ll have to wait for his next chance.
- Logan Shaw has been recalled by the Winnipeg Jets, who are awaiting a decision from the Department of Player Safety on Adam Lowry. Lowry is facing a potential suspension for a hit he threw in the Heritage Classic on Saturday night, meaning the team needed another forward for the time being.
- The Vegas Golden Knights welcomed several players back to practice today, so needed to clear out some roster space for their return. With that in mind, they have assigned Jake Bischoff, Nicolas Hague, Nicolas Roy and Garret Sparks to the minor leagues. Vegas doesn’t play again until Thursday, giving them a chance to assess the roster before making any final decisions on who is ready to play.