Your daily dose of Wild news, along with other interesting stories from around the NHL.
Oof. Even though the Minnesota Wild did not deserve to win last night against the Arizona Coyotes, actually losing to a team that is actively trying to be as bad as possible and increase their odds in the draft lottery, hurts real bad. We would have been fine with the team getting some unearned points and chalk it up as a result that worked for us but a performance that was terrible. Now, we just get both bad things.
No one had an outstanding performance, so nothing should be cemented in this lineup. Something needs to change with the actual players on the roster, or at least shuffle some people around.
- If you want to re-live the misery in Tempe, we have your very good recap here. [Hockey Wilderness]
- We are trying to secure the future of this site and keep it alive. Please help us get there and stay around for your Wild coverage. [Hockey Wilderness]
- A brief history of the Wild’s All-Star performances. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail…
- Saroya Tinker and Mikyla Grant-Mentis are two of the top women’s hockey players on the planet and they made history at the PHF All-Star Game. [The Hockey News]
- The Philadelphia Flyers stink real bad, so head coach John Tortorella sent out a letter to season ticket holders highlighting where the team is right now. It is curious to see the coach do it and not the general manager — and there’s some other interesting tidbits in the penned letter. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Maybe we should watch out for what’s coming up behind the Wild. The Colorado Avalanche are slowly getting back to full health. [NBC Sports]
Leave a Reply